The governor ARATRON have in their power those things which they do naturally, that is, in manner and subject the same as those things which in “Astronomy of Grace” (apparently a lost book by Paracelsus, BM) are ascribed to the power of Saturn.
Truly, the things which they perform of their own free will, are,
- That they have the power to transmute any thing into stone instantly, either animal or plant, retaining its appearance.
- They convert treasures into coals, and coals into treasure.
- They give familiars with a specific power.
- They teach Alchemy, Magic, and Physics.
- They reconcile the subterranean spirits (called Pygmies, probably Gnomes are meant, BM) to men; the hairy men.
- They make invisible.
- They make the infertile fertile, and give longevity.
They have under them 49 Kings, 42 Princes, 35 Presidents, 28 Dukes, 21 Ministers, standing before them; 14 familiars, seven messengers: they command 36,000 legions of spirits; the number of a legion is 490.
On Saturn’s day and hour, I finally get around to talk to Aratron, the saturnine Governor mentioned in the Arbatel. Continue reading “Aratron, quiet Omnipresence”